The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, October 22, 2010

Whirlwind weekend 003

On Sunday night, I will be back home again after my trip to Oklahoma with my father; he inherited some money from his uncle, and liked one of the trucks, as previously stated on this blog. Though I am not leaving town, the Kansas City metropolitan area, until Saturday morning, a few things are already making this into a whirlwind weekend.

I enjoyed seeing everyone at the Improv-Abilities show, yet the Chevy Cavalier will not be driven for another two days. Because the weight and volume of the things that my father needs to bring, we are driving my mother’s Chevy Impala to Oklahoma. Now, time to pack... sugar?

With hope, I implied successfully with my last status: I have not packed for a trip with an overnight stay in ten years.

I will likely be leaving within the hour. I still have some light things to pack, so I will still be in contact thanks to my Dell and Verizon Wireless mobile broadband.

I would like for my father to stop fiddling with my side of the dual-zone climate controls. We are finally on the road. I am now using my Dell and Verizon Wireless mobile broadband, wishing that they were sponsoring my journey.

I shall enjoy the Kansas City stations as long as reception is available.
Christopher Hurt is going to take a nap, since he is not driving.
We reached Fort Scott. We are going to try to take K-7, if we have not already missed the junction. We just passed Mike Carpino Ford in Columbus, and turned right on to US-160 to Oswego and US-59.
Christopher Hurt was looking at the map and my father told me to look at the legend. I paused, and opened the mirror on the visor. I LOOK GOOD.
We crossed into Oklahoma. My father says that we can eat lunch in Pryor, OK. What would we call it if we ate BEFORE Pryor?

We stopped at a Braum’s restaurant in Pryor, OK, and heard some of the authentic Southern accent, included use, “over yonder.”
Christopher Hurt saw a Budget truck hauling a trailer hauling a 1970s Chevy truck hauling an ATV. Sumthin’ was haulin’ sumthin' that was haulin' sumthin'.
I just had some good apple cobbler.
Christopher Hurt is watching the Science Channel and attempting customer service with Verizon Wireless.
Christopher Hurt is going to bed. I have at least five hours of driving tomorrow.

Christopher Hurt looks like Christian Slater, has been singing a song by Sammy Hagar, and does not know either portends for the day. Christopher Hurt is on the road again.

Christopher Hurt is enjoying lunch and free Wifi (thanks, AT&T) at a McDonald's on Pittsburg, KS.
Christopher Hurt has successfully returned from a visit to Grandmother June Wheeler, and Ron Wheeler. I survived all the homicidal motorists, and now I am going to the home of Denton.
Actually, like your girlfriend, the van is a company van from the U.P.R.R., where my father works. For which we went to Oklahoma, the truck, a black and silver, 1994 Ford F-150 4x4, is now parked in the place of the van. Now my father has three full-size trucks. The four other people in the household all each have a car. So we have eight road vehicles parked either in the garage, in front of the house, or to the side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment