The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Summary of Improv Goals 004

Christopher Hurt has high hopes. It has to happen eventually, like your girlfriend:
As often as I do improv each week, one would assume that I would update the summary of my goals for my improv more often than once a month; and one month has indeed passed since the last update.
Indeed, since the last time I wrote about my goals for my improv, more than three months have passed. Four months ago, the instructors at the Roving Imp Training Center and the directors of Project Improv had only just begun to adopt and adapt Viewpoints, taught by David Razowsky. I will say more about that in a moment:
Nearly two fortnights ago, Nifer has achieved escape velocity at gamma four, en route to galaxies unknown.
Briefly, to make this blog current, I found that the shows have just gotten better and better as the evening went on Friday at the Roving Imp Theater.
Those reports are not inaccurate. Thank you, Chez. According to John, I should keep smoking whatever I am smoking. When I said that I was lame, I was making a pun and being self-deprecating, but I was not having a stroke, although some may have thought that. I should be more careful with my health. As demonstrated here, I can easily branch off subject.
The abbreviated version is that the first show of the Next Big Improv Show was a big success. I was selected as one of the four finalists for immunity. I did not win immunity, but I learned through classes and rehearsals, especially those which included material from Viewpoints, that my being sincere and vulerable help me the most on stage.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew what a fortnight is and if I did know then I probably need to be reminded. But I was going to say that as far as Nifer going to places unknown, we know where she went. It's Chicago. The question in the balance is where (in the long term) she goes from there.
    She had a status update saying she was getting Christmas presents ready. I had asked her for an autographed photo of herself. Why? I find a significance in having something like that before one really becomes famous because some day, she will be. And I want it known that I knew her before she became "name in lights" famous.

    I was fortunate enough to be the one teching The Next Big Improv Show as well as the one who designed the flyer for the show. I did the graphic design. The flyer itself was designed by me and then perfected by John. Mine was all over the place.
    I can also say I was fortunate in the fact that I made people laugh tonight in both Robot Parade and R I Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a fortunate feeling, and thing you want to hear most in Heaven, if I remember correctly.

    I remember that you were most funny during the Call-In Show, and pardon me, “cluelessly brilliant,” during the Shakespeare game.

    I wish now that I could have attached the portable document-format file to the note that I wrote on Facebook for the Next Big Improv Show, because now I have to check my e-mail again for the attachment.

    That is indeed a fine request to make of Nifer.

    The indented statement is an allusion to an anime series, Fooly Cooly (FLCL), which, other than I, only our mutual friends Denton and Jessica have watched. I was specifically referencing dialogue from the English version of episode four, “Full Swing”. But you once again have caught my meaning.

    A fortnight is a word from Old English meaning, “fourteen nights”, basically two weeks. You might also not know that month comes from Moon. I have been in a mood to use more British words since Hannah has left.

    ReplyDelete