The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, September 30, 2010

3-D? So what?

Yeah, like your girlfriend, I just do not care about 3-D movies.
Christopher Hurt severely doubts that Wes Craven will change the way that I see 3D, considering that the effect DOES NOT WORK for me.
I have some problems with my eyes. I do not experience true stereoscopic vision, and can only focus with one eye at a time, so the 3-D effect just does not work for me. In 1984, I had surgeries on my eyes. Also, 1984 into 1985 was the first time that I was consciously aware that years change.

Recently Comedy Central reran an episode of South Park that parodied the film 300. Denton and I saw 300 at the IMAX in at AMC Studio 30 in Olathe.
Kitto I must write a disclaimer about the strong language that will appear in this post.
IMAX was not impressive to me. So what if the titties on the Oracle of Delphi were bigger. For me, IMAX was just bigger, and nothing more. I have not since wasted any money for an IMAX version of any film. By the way, to the woman who brought her children to see 300, thinking that it was like The Lord of the Rings, I have to say:
You are stupid. You are stupid. You are stupid. And, don’t forget, you are stupid.”
Neither film is a take on the Battle of Nachod. My friend David was disappointed by every 3-D film that he saw in 2009. Included among these was Up. Yes, until David saw the film in 2-D, he was disappointed with Up. And if 3-D can ruin Up then, I don’t want no part, like your girlfriend.

3 comments:

  1. I actually never saw Up in 2-D. I have considered giving it a 2nd chance in 2-D. But that hasn't happened it. The first 3-D movie that I saw in 2-D only was How To Tame Your Dragon. I thought it was pretty good but not great. I liked Shrek 4ever After in 3-D as well as Toy Story 3 - D.
    Just this last Tuesday, I saw the movie Alpha & Omega. It was a movie about these wolves that the story obviously took from at least 1 Shakespeare play that I can't placed. It was made for 3-D but locally it only showed in 2-D. I enjoied it except for 1 aspect: Everytime the wolves went to howl, which to me is one of the coolest nature sounds in the world, they had them trying to sound like pop singer stars. And not good ones. I'm talking like boy-band crappy. But oh well, it was a family movie.
    Now, unless you're refering to another friend you have also named David, then those were a comment on that part.

    Also, mother taking her kid to see 300...I've got a friend who complained about parents who took their kids to see the Billy Bob Thorton movie BAD SANTA just to complain about the material their kids were exposed to, to which I say "Duhh...take your kid to an R rated picture...what were you expecting? Obviously, since "Santa" is in the title, it's a family movie. Screw the R rating. It's got Santa in the title.
    There is a reason that John warns the audience at the Imp prior to a 9pm show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have previously stated, “Alpha and Omega pleasantly tingles my furry senses.” I still have yet to see the film, but unlike some others, you have given a positive review. I hope that I remember to get to a theater sometime soon!

    On this blog, I am unsure if I have yet referred to David Franklin, but I assure you, David, that in this instance I was referring to you, especially because I linked to your blog. ;-)

    Yeah, I remember a former coworker who took his young children to see Transformers and complained about Bumblebee urinating on the Sector Seven agent. The film was rated PG-13, dummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He complained about Bumblebee urinating on someone? The only reason he should be concerned about that is if he is himself an agent for Sector Seven to which that would make sense he was upset. Because it's okay for dogs to get away with peeing on bullies in PG movies, why is it bad for a robot to do so in a PG-13 movie?

    "Transformers: Robots in disguies. Transformers: They'll pee in your eye!"

    ReplyDelete