The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Summary of Improv Goals 020

Following the shows at the Roving Imp this Saturday, I went to the home of Denton, and he and I analyzed the a scene from the Nerds show from Saturday, April 14; the audience had given the suggestion, “Doomsday preppers,” and our interpretation of doomsday had zombies who were not stereotypical zombies, but were looking for inclusion back in society.

Again, I will share the following scene. John and Kitty set two boxes beside each other and played as if they were in a car at a drive-in, located in the underground complex.
Frank came up to the car as a zombie and asked in a low, slow voice,  “Are you ready to order?”
John said, “We haven’t pushed the button yet.”
“Okay, I’ll come back.”
John and Kitty had some more dialog.
I approached the other side,  “Are you ready to order?”
Kitty replied, “We haven’t pushed the button yet.”
“Okay, I’ll come back.”
In the scene between Frank and I,
we reprise those zombie characters,
and I went, “Oh, you’re late again.”
internet memes - THE ANSWER IS POTATO
see more Memebase and check out our Troll Face lols!

OK OK OK, as I demonstrated, the quality of my listening sure varies. Because today is Sunday, I am presently at the home of Denton to help him with his math. I feel kind of lazy, so I  just want to punt this post out the door. Rather than share the analysis of the scene, line by line, I will fast forward to the logical conclusion of the conversation.
In order to avoid conflict, the goal of your character is have a relationship with your other player, where you care about what they think about you, to get them to love you.
I have a history with Denton in improv; I was in a troupe that he directed from fall 2001 to spring 2004, and he was also a judge in the second season of The Next Big Improv Show.

1 comment:

  1. "...but were looking for inclusion back in society."
    And they did it by (dramatic pause) inclursion!

    ReplyDelete