The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I don’t know, do you 019

How could I not author any post in this series for so long? I don’t know, sometimes feel like a stranger in my own life. I yesterday said that I might today have no visit to the 75th Street Brewery in order to take advantage of a few freebies to get through Tax Day; I likely will not. While my mother was willing to drive my sister out to the College this morning, I awoke to my alarm, without enough time to go to Bruegger’s before work, and I am still waiting on my tax refund, so I really can not spare money, which is better used for Hot Pockets, and we had left over some pizza in the refrigerator.
Slacktivism: A Gateway, and Only a Gateway, to Changing Lives
“Tweeting about good causes doesn’t hurt -- and for young people ‘slacktivism’ can be a good gateway toward the stirrings of a broader social consciousness. But true engagement begins by lifting your sights from your mobile device out to the world at large, and personally embracing someone in need.”
Although I participated in the Dining Out For Life International event last year, I am unsure if I can afford to this year. Even though this blog, and computers from this era, will be unreadable to archeologists in two hundred years, I want to be sure that the record is correct. I don’t know, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment