The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mental Health Awareness Week 2012

The designated time for Mental Health Awareness Week 2012, “a week in which we help raise awareness of mental health and well-being issues,” is 16-20 January in Canada; 21-27 May in the United Kingdom; and 7-13 October in the United States, where May was also Mental Health Month.
» May is Mental Health Month - Psych Central News
“May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a time for people to learn more about mental health conditions and seek out help for them. According to the National ...”
Because such often leads to worry and depression, I should guard against any tendency towards being too critical of myself.
Cloud Surfing
Cloud Surfing by *MylittleSheepy on deviantART
Atypical Depression Actually Very Typical
“Do you experience atypical depression symptoms such as improved mood when good things happen, overeating, sleeping too much or sensitivity to rejection? Atypical depression is more common than the name implies and proper recognition can make a difference in your treatment choices.”
Despite the conclusions that I drew in “Congratulations, Graduates,” a sense of worthlessness still plagued me, and I realized that my thoughts about myself at the time were not okay, so I searched the Internet and have felt much better in the last two weeks.

While I cannot find a source, which does not involve a link to a personal profile on Facebook, this image inspired this post.
depression anxiety and panic attacks are not a sign of weakness

No comments:

Post a Comment