The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Celebratory note 031

Monday I received a letter that my amended return was accepted, and my refund would be deposited in two or three weeks. Well, the refund was deposited yesterday, so I paid off my loans with the Mainstreet Credit Union and Penguin Pawn. Weeks ago, I was telling my friend, about whom I wrote in Egocentric Universe: Fluttershy, “IRS rhymes with tires,” which is still a priority for me, yet I can only price the tires while my car is otherwise being repaired.

Galileo's Pavilion open house was 12:30 Wednesday
I missed the party and visited the other LEED certified building
“JCCC will host an open house for Galileo’s Pavilion Wednesday at 12:30 p.m., and you were cordially invited to attend.

Scheduled speakers are Joe Sopcich, JCCC executive vice president, administrative services; Jay Antle, executive director of the JCCC Center for Sustainability; Dan Rockhill, JL Constant Distinguished Professor at KU, and executive director, Studio 804; and John Gaunt, dean, KU School of Architecture, Design and Planning.

JCCC science professors Doug Patterson and Lynne Beatty will capitalize on the open house’s summer solstice theme with planned activities incorporating Galileo’s Garden, the sculpture by Dale Eldred that previously sat on the building’s site and gave the building its name. The sculpture was relocated to the Galileo’s Pavilion courtyard and functions as a solar timepiece.

The building was constructed by students from Studio 804, a design/build program at the University of Kansas School of Architecture, Design and Planning.”
I left my current mix CD in my car, so I have been listening to the radio, especially Alice 102, although I did hear Skid Roadie on 101 the Fox - Kansas City’s Classic Rock Station, and one of their played songs does summarize my present attitude.

Good Times Roll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“‘Good Times Roll’ is a song by American rock band The Cars. It is the first track from their 1978 debut album The Cars, produced by Roy Thomas Baker. Written and sung by Cars lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Ric Ocasek, the song was released as the album’s third single, where it reached number 41 …”
Well, I’d better lie low for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment