The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, January 15, 2018

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

A friend on Facebook shared the following about Martin Luther King Jr Day:
“I don’t celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. day, but I do recognize a man who put his life on the line for a cause he truly believed in. He’s a hero to some for this reason. I see him as an African American man who wanted to be treated equally and he fought for that change. Well, Mr. King, we haven’t gotten to the mountaintop yet and it’s 2018. One day, just one day we might muster up the mental strength if we figure out that we all need each other to achieve that milestone.

April 4, 1968. This day is my oldest siblings birthday. I don’t think they ever really celebrated their birthday for this reason. Just 7 years old at the time. It was a scary time then and it’s scary times now. We’ve got to do better. 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Continue to rest, you did your best. It’s time for the US to step up and fix this mess.”
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD
plans for welfare and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
I Can See a Rainbow by dawnf1re
I Can See a Rainbow by dawnf1re

No comments:

Post a Comment