The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The point of the game?

From Nov 24 to Dec. 08, change your profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. The point of the game? To not see a single human face on Facebook, rather a veritable invasion of childhood memories in support of Child Abuse Prevention.
My favorite cartoon character is here to raise your awareness of child abuse. I wish that I could credit the artist from 1994, but I cannot make out the name.

2 comments:

  1. One of my friends updated their status saying that, in cording to the news, the whole cartoon thing was set up by petaphiles thinking they could attrack more children to their page with a cartoon than their own picture.
    I don't know if that is nonsense or not. I read it on my phone and didn't get all of it. I was thinking when I read the first half of it that, "the jokes on them. They're left to jerk-off to cartoon images."
    Apparently, if true, there is more to it than that.

    ReplyDelete