The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

He’s gettin’ his own Show

Closed between Monday, December 22, 2013, and Wednesday, January 1, 2014, Johnson County Community College will reopen tomorrow. Monday, in my neighborhood, is when trash is collected, so I set my alarm for six in the morning in an attempt to restore the damage to my circadian rhythms. While I was awake for more daylight than I had for eight days, I did not go to bed until four this morning. Oh, well.
New Year’s Eve: Global revelers ring in 2014 with booms and flashes
“A massive, exuberant crowd of revelers from all over the world packed New York City streets to watch the crystal-covered ball in Times Square descend in a celebration of 2014’s arrival, capping off a global wave of festivities that also included a record-breaking fireworks …”
“17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)”
Pinkie Pie’s showing her New Year’s spirit
Pinkie Pie’s New Year Spirit- New Years Collab by *EMedina13 on deviantART
While our friend Ra was hosting a party north of the river, Aaron and I visited a mutual friend, and watched Riddick, then Donnie Darko.
We watched the last half hour before the ball drop; Melissa Etheridge sang one of her hits, and followed with “Imagine,” where she shot it four times, and dragged it through a swamp, and hanged it up, and put its head on a pike.
Denton had decided against Ra’s party, so he, Beasley, and I watched The Nude Bombno, it was neither Showgirls, nor Striptease, nor Eyes Wide Shut — just the adaptation of Get Smart to the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment