The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Postscript to Experiment 012

My friends and I typically gather at the home of my friend Denton on Friday evenings. In his stead and for variety, we have been going other places for the last two weeks while Denton has been in Honduras as part of a project in archaeology. He returns next Sunday.
PADO Archaeological Field School
“Welcome to the blog of the Proyecto Arqueologico Valle de Otoro Archaeological Field School. Check here for updates on our work, finds, and adventures in Honduras!”
Last week we were planning to go to the Red Balloon Bar & Grill for karaoke, but we decided that we would rather continue to converse. We actually went this week. I selected two songs.

I think that I cannot differentiate tonal qualities, and not the cool kind without the first letter in the Latin alphabet, i.e., I have tone deafness rather than tone def-ness. I really only barely knew the chorus to “Breaking the Law” by Judas Priest, but my friends cheered me on. My next song was what I tell people about Santa Claus; however, 12:48 a.m. is about the time to stop believing that my Journey song was going to be played. David commented on my status:
“I assumed that ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’ was the one you were going for... so I said ‘Anyway You Want It’ because it’s not the expected Journey song and yet... with wanting something your way, it is just as much Santa Claus related as it is Burger King related. Also, in my opinion, a better song, but that’s just me.”
That particular restaurant chain advertised, “Have It Your Way.” In truth, I oft prefer the cliche to the novel
; I have my priorities.
Twitter / Ben Patrick Johnson: “Each time @SpeakerBoehner claims ‘Americans don’t want tax increases,’ he’s LYING. Polls -- 67% of us support it for wealthy. He sees polls.”
Yeah, it’s time to pony up. To which I awoke within three minute of the start, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic airs on early on The Hub on Saturday mornings. Where I was second place last time, I will give the audience something that they are not expecting as a part of the second season of the Next Big Improv Show
tonight at the Roving Imp Theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment