The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, November 1, 2010

Whirlwind weekend 004

To the Encyclopedia Dramatica, Unicron would say, “You exaggerate.” Yes, I think, David, that your analogy is accurate that Raksha is to me, what Diane Duane is to Nifer, or was, or whatever.

Every weekend is not a whirlwind weekend, although by appearances this last weekend certainly qualifies. The whirlwind is not quite over: the United States has a general election on Tuesday, November 2. This election is called a mid-term election, occurring in the middle of the president’s term.
Articles | Election Guide: We’ve got you covered | Ink
“Don’t go naked to the polls like model Rudy Otwell (left) and local comedian Keith Curtis. Ink’s Election Guide has you covered on the candidates and issues.”
A rewarding civic experience at least for the last two months, I have been spending a lot of time working with Denton on a local campaign for a state representative, especially weekends. I took some BENADRYL® Saturday morning, and later drank some Dr Pepper to counteract the drowsy effects.
“Remember to vote tomorrow! Click this link to remind your friends: http://on.fb.me/FreedomWorksGOTV1 (via http://www.freedomworks.org)”
Before that, Friday was payday, and the afternoon was rather busy because I had to mail off three bills. My class show was Friday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m., preceding the Next Big Improv Show, and no one, whom I invited, came to either show. I will to continue to promote my show on social media, but I have not decided if I will again use an e-mail message.
Professional Voice Talent Delivers Quality Voice Overs
“Professional Voice Talent Delivers Quality Voice Overs! Radio and Television Commercials, Narrations, Audio Books, Business Presentations and More!”
The campaign made this weekend a whirlwind weekend. At 8:30 a.m. Saturday, I met Denton at his house. After some minor confusion, we met the candidate at the offices of the Johnson County Republican Party. Saturday consisted of Denton knocking on doors and speaking to voters.
Christopher Hurt gets to be boss today; he has got the easy job.
Yes, I held the list, and directed Denton to the appropriate addresses. Saturday night I returned to the Roving Imp Theater for another evening of quality shows, like your girlfriend, and I had to leave soon after the shows like on Friday.

Denton had requested that I be at his house at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. Our mission was different this time; we left targeted fliers at apartment residences. Afterward, we played Mario Kart on Nintendo Wii.
Later, I spent too much money on ***damn candy to give away, and John had an interesting view on the subject:
“Think of it as people did in the early 1900s - a bribe so that children & teenagers don’t destroy your property.”
Denton amended:
“So that they didn’t destroy my property.”
After another round of Mario Kart, I stopped, while returning home, at the Hy-Vee in the City of Mission, Kansas and bought some Hot Pockets and Dr Pepper. I put groceries in the trunk instead of the front seat! I am again excited to use the trunk for first time since who knows when!

No comments:

Post a Comment