The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Day After

No one wants to work the day after Thanksgiving,
especially those in retail,
but I-I forgot to request a day off so I was there at the office.
My body did not want to be there;
I had aches and pains and emotional turbulence,
but the evening ended better than it started.
Knowing full well that we didn’t have to work either Saturday or Sunday, a female colleague said, “I’m so angry about having to be here today, I’m not going to come in the next two days; that’ll piss ‘em off! How’s that sound to you?”

I wouldn’t want to do anything to upset them,” recently finding myself in an ‘Optimal Situation,’ I replied, “I’m motivated by fear and guilt,” so this first time I had said anything in front of another girl I have had my eye on was made more awkward.
“For am I now seeking the approval of man,
or of God? Or am I trying to please man?
If I were still trying to please man,
I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10)”
All You Can Eat by PixelKitties
All You Can Eat by PixelKitties
My friend David, who had abdominal surgery two weeks ago, had done no laundry in two and a half weeks, which I took home and washed, but my timing put me at odds with my father and sister; at ten in the morning Thanksgiving dinner was ready.
At Red Robin Gourmet Burgers,
our server Terrance told us about Donutology,
where he also works.

No comments:

Post a Comment