The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Blame It on the Rain

Fortunately, in the city where the streets have all names, I was not delivering pizza on Tuesday night, yet it was raining last night when I was working.
Like the flood of 1993 that averages every Super Bowl, the pizza place was unusually busy, so at least for the first few deliveries I was able to Blame It on the Rain.
Blame It on the Rain
Go under by RenoKim on DeviantArt
I’m slow and inefficient, and suffer the consequences. I could look for ways to improve my processes, or own the situation as my manager at the help desk would have said, instead I call myself names and tell myself I’m not good at the job.
Why am I knackered this morning? I was awoken by a nightmare about three hours ago, “and to gain anything, something of equal value must be lost,” so I need to be awake now, and get to the bank this morning.
To add insult to injury, a co-worker left without making any boxes, and I was there all night. My consciousness drifted, like my car between lanes, at least twice on the long way home, so I could have crashed; a fact we'll be expressing to my co-worker this morning.
“On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God. (Psalms 62:7)”

No comments:

Post a Comment