The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Voices carry ‘til Tuesday

“First things first. No more Word of the Day from Dictionary.com - namby-pamby - lacking in character, directness, like last year’s editor.”
Mostly, this week has exhausted me. I finally went to see a doctor about my bronchitis on Sunday, yet I was so ill that I had to call into work early Monday morning. Tuesday afternoon I took a friend to honor her grandmother, who would have been 80 years old, and we later joined our friend David for a game night as his apartment.

Near the start of my shift on Wednesday, and Thursday I had either a delivery that was could not be completed, or was just difficult. There were some other aspects that caused some emotional volatility this week, and caused me to doubt myself rather unfairly.

Saturday, then was a renewal; I visited my friend been late on Friday night, so I was tired Saturday morning and left my Garmin device at home. I could not figure out how to use Google Maps, or the satellite navigation in my car quickly enough to make them effective, so I ended up trusting my own knowledge which I built over the past four or five weeks working at the pizza place. I have gained a lot of confidence and regained much respect for myself as a result.

I‘m coughing and sneezing quite a bit, and on my way home from work on Saturday I discovered ‘Original Country Gold,’ a weekly show on KFKF, “Summer’s Comin’,” “Backside of Thirty,” “What a Difference You’ve Made in My Life,” and the last two were from Kenny Rogers, who was also celebrating another significant anniversary since 35 years have passed since the premiere of ‘The Gambler,’ “Daytime Friends” and “Love Will Turn You Around
“‘Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them
will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

And the rain fell, and the floods came,
and the winds blew and beat on that house,
but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
Dance and Climb, All at Once
Dance And Climb, All At Once by TheRandomJoyrider on DeviantArt
And everyone who hears these words of mine and does them not
will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

And the rain fell, and the floods came,
and the winds blew and beat against that house,
and it fell, and great was the fall of it.’ (Matthew 7:24-27)”

No comments:

Post a Comment