The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Track listing for my current mix CD

The following is a listing of the tracks from my current mix CD. My sister has tired of the songs on the CD which I prefer more, so I made what is essentially an alphabetical mix. Using my memories and Wikipedia as sources, I will reflect on each choice.
  1. All Star” by Smash Mouth
    Provided to me as part of another compilation, I personally relate to this song, which accompanied the opening credits in Shrek (2001), and also appeared onthe soundtrack to Digimon: The Movie (2000). I also remember watching the music video originally released for Mystery Men (1999) on VH1.
  2. “Autobonics 2003” by Tony Bacala
    In this song, Optimus Prime repeats, “All I can hear is that blasted Blaster,” and other audio clips are mixed with music from The Transformers animated series.
  3. Blues Drive Monster” by the pillows
    The Adult Swim first broadcast the original video animation Fooly Cooly in 2003, and the pillows provided the entire soundtrack. This song plays during the battle sequence in the fifth episode, Brittle Bullet”.
  4. Convoy” by C.W. McCall
    Further evidence will be shown to prove the premise that I like songs abouttruck drivers. I like to think that I learned some things about C. W. McCall fromI Love the ‘70s on VH1. The year in which I was born, 1978 saw the release of afeature film based on this song. As the Conveyor of the Matrix, Optimus Prime, whose alternate mode is a semi-tractor truck, is known as Convoy in Japan.
  5. Don’t Need You” by Chilu
    An insert song in Initial D, this no doubt plays during one of the battles.
  6. The Unknown Stuntman” by Lee Majors
    Unable to change the score, I empathize with the described, “But the hardest thing I’ll ever do is watch my leading ladies / Kiss some other guy while I'm bandaging my knee.” I also really like The Fall Guy truck. Along with others, this song was part of a personal compilation A Little Traveling Music.
  7. Get It All Right” by Chilu
    The opening theme for Initial D: Extra Stage “focuses on Impact Blue’s dynamic duo of Mako and Sayuki.”
  8. God Knows...” by Hirano Aya
    I have linked to Anime Lyrics dot Com for the lyrics. From The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Geki Chuu Kashuu Single, Haruhi sings this song to help a band in the episode “Live Alive.”
  9. Hare Hare Yukai” by Aya Hirano
    From The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Character Song Vol 1 - Haruhi Suzumiya, this song is the closing theme to the related anime series, and also has an associated dance.
  10. “Theme from Knight Rider” by Stu Phillips
    Without narration, this version of the song is purely instumental. Knight Rideris about a fantastic car (El Coche Fantástico), and I own the first season on DVD. With hope, someday we will resume movie night at the Roving Imp, and our look-alike to Hasselhoff, John, will also vote to watch this series.
  11. Koi no Mikuru Densetsu” by Yuko Goto
    I have linked to Anime Lyrics dot Com for the lyrics. From The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Geki Chuu Kashuu Single, this cute song is the opening theme for the short film that Haruhi creates in the series.
  12. Lost My Music” by Hirano Aya
    I have linked to Anime Lyrics dot Com for the lyrics. From The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Geki Chuu Kashuu Single, Haruhi sings this song to help a band in the episode “Live Alive.”
  13. “Love Injection” by Dusty

  14. One Night in Bangkok” by Murray Head
    This song was a favorite of a woman with whom I used to work. I like the orchestral opening and the conflict between the sarcastic narrator and the chorus.
  15. One Week” by the Barenaked Ladies
    Because I usually place this song after “All Star” on my compilations, I confuse these two groups. Provided to me as part of another compilation, this song also appeared on the soundtrack to Digimon: The Movie.
  16. Ride on Shooting Star” by the pillows
    Ride on Shooting Star - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “‘Ride on Shooting Star’ is a song and single by Japanese alternative rock group The Pillows. The song ‘Ride on Shooting Star’ was featured in the anime series FLCL as the main (ending) theme song.
  17. “Senseless Violence” by Tony Bacala
    Tony Bacala Music Temporary Home - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    “Hey Everyone, Below are all the MP3 Transformer Remixes available on our Myspace page. I've got a ton of requests for them over the last couple months
    .
  18. Six Days on the Road” by Dave Dudley
    In truth, I cannot tell who covered this version of the song. I like that the previous track “Convoy” ends, “Well we laid a strip for the Jersey Shore /And prepared to cross the line,” and “Six Days” begins, “Well, I pulled out of Pittsburgh, Rollin’ down the Eastern Seaboard.”
  19. Take It Easy” by the Eagles
    The lyric “Standin’ on the corner in Winslow, Arizona” is certainly memorable. My philosophy about money and credit has been another song by the Eagles, “Take it to the limit one more time,” which ironically often leaves, “a world of trouble on my mind.”
  20. TONIGHT, TONIGHT, TONIGHT” by the Beat Crusaders
    This is the fourth opening theme for Bleach.
  21. Two Thousand Five” by Tony Bacala
    The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - Memorable quotes
    How dare Unicron! Cybertron and all its moons belong to me!
Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

  1. This may be assinine. However, I wanted to mention that in the movie Rat Race, "All Star is performed by Smash Mouth LIVE...I had this soundtrack for a while.

    Once again, assinine but you my find this information interesting...or annoying. Up to you. But I was going to say that I know of "One Week" because of the "Weird Al" parody "Jerry Springer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this to be interesting, David, and not asinine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naruto season 6
     Naruto season 6: shippuden anime collection is directed by means of hayato date, and produced by using studio pierrot and television series. they're based on component ii of the masashi kishimoto series. 

    ReplyDelete