The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Sunday, October 30, 2011

On-line friends are special

In one form or another, I have been on-line for almost sixteen years, and through reading this post, you may feel compelled, “Sign up for Twitter...” The first on-line friends were already my friends from Grace Christian Fellowship Church: Chad Maag and Matthew Moore.
Perhaps if I had been as disciplined in my studies, then I too could have been a graphic designer; Chad is a freelance graphic designer, and can be found on Twitter:
chadmaag (@chadmaag) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow chadmaag (@chadmaag). graphic designer, sarcastic, bibliophile, ornery, poker enthusiast, introverted, misanthrope, slightly NSFW.”
Chad may also be found on Posterious:
the land of my sojourn
“I tell people that I'm closest to that I don’t have good or bad days. I’m not that lucky. Right now it’s more like I have good and bad moments. Those moments, when viewed as a sequence, eventually comprise a day. I may wake up feeling wonderful, and attack the day with gusto. My type-A personality …”
One day, Matt and I chatted from late evening to early morning, and he has liked to tell that story. Matt is now married with a son:
Matt the Artist
“If you have been wondering why things have been rather quiet as of late, and why I have not been adding much art…Well here is the reason. Furthermore Creative. It is a new store on Etsy.com…and yes, it rocks.”
Around this time, I also met Denton at Shawnee Mission North. I visit his home at least once a week, and we share most of the similar politics:
Don Denton Turley (@agrippakc) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow Don Denton Turley (@agrippakc).”
Wow, Monopoly was really fun with seven players. Denton also keeps a blog on WordPress:
Chaotic Reflections Of A Reformed Optimist
“NEW! With sweetly embittered meaty bits!...”
Jack Shedd has known Denton longer than I. Jack coined, “Betty Ford’s First Project,” the name of Denton’s previous improv troupe. He keeps a blog called the Big Contrarian, and also comments humorously on Twitter:
Jack Shedd (@etchalon) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow Jack Shedd (@etchalon). A classic modern.”
On Monday evenings, Joel Kershner and I can both be found at the same place of work. Joel is associated with the Cowtown Computer Congress:
asmodianx2000 (@asmodianx2000) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow asmodianx2000 (@asmodianx2000). Computers, InfoSec, RPG, Web Development, PHP.”
Benjamin Hodge, Denton, and I once met each other at Homer’s Coffee House:
The Kansas Progress
“Conservative and libertarian message in Kansas and Greater Kansas City, Missouri.”
Of course, Ben is also on Twitter:
Benjamin Hodge (@benjaminhodge) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow Benjamin Hodge (@benjaminhodge). Conservative. Former Legislator, JCCC Trustee, JoCo Gov't Property Rights Chair, OP Republican Party Founder. President, State & Local Educational Group of KS.”
John, David, and I watched The Office on Saturday night:
Roving Imp Theater (@rovingimp) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow Roving Imp Theater (@rovingimp). Improvisational comedy. All the time.”
John and I were both surprised when David Rushing finally joined Twitter:
David Rushing (@DavidProv) on Twitter
“Sign up for Twitter to follow David Rushing (@DavidProv). I do improv mostly in Bonner Springs and stuff at my church. I currently live in a house with a family member. Cool huh?”
Oh My Gosh, on-line friends are so special, and I have never met a few of them in person. I am now spent, so I will write another post about my friends who I only know through Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment