The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, October 10, 2011

This is going to be so great!

So far, today has been really great, something which Garfield would not say about any Monday. Following the viewing of a few episodes of Ancient Inventions with Terry Jones at the home of Denton, I arrived at my home and around midnight went to bed. I was too tired to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic this morning, and got around too late for my sister, so she drove herself to school, while I went back to bed, after I briefly attempted to do some homework for my German class.

my little pony, friendship is magic, brony - What They Should Be Teaching in Schools
See more at My Little Brony

I actually got around a little later still, and left myself little time before my shift to go to Mr Goodcents for the sandwich. With eight minutes remaining, I called my place of work to say that I would likely be ten minutes late. I entered campus, and thought to myself:
“I should try very hard to find a space in front of the building, but I can’t get that lucky. Can I?”
Well, I did, I did find a space in the lot in front of the building. In actuality, I thought that I had gotten lucky, yet the revisionist in me thinks:
This is gonna be so great!
I started work at five minutes past noon, and ate the first quarter of my foot-long sandwich. Two hours hence, I ate another quarter. Two hours later, I ate a third quarter, when I take a break for my class. Between Wednesday evening and this morning barely gave my homework a second thought, so I was not prepared for class tonight. Fortunately an exchange student from Dresden visited our class, and my German about forgetting my homework went over well. I should soon e-mail Eric, to at least sample some German electronica music.

I really wanted to refill my QuikTrip mug with iced tea from the Food Court, but I was hungry for a little more than the waiting, final quarter of sandwich, so I stopped at the <C> Store. Aaron was taking a break to make a call, but Larissa, a friend from Denton’s first improv troupe, was there. I bought a sandwich and a bottled water. She and I talked for a short while until Aaron returned.

While Aaron described the recent college football game between Ohio State and Nebraska, I practiced active listening. I learned a few things about how American football is scored, and how Nebraska rallied in the third quarter (see what I did there?). I told Aaron about the game that I saw while I was at Bar West on Saturday afternoon:
Twitter / Christopher Hurt: “And the long day continues for Missouri in Manhattan.” ...

Twitter / Christopher Hurt: “Tim Allen was not that funny twenty years ago, and now he has a new situational comedy?” ...

Twitter
/ Christopher Hurt: “Tigers finally near the K-State goal are difficult to ignore when simultaneously showing on ten television screens.” ...
Anyway I returned to work and to talk some with Joel, whom I have known since high school, and thought to myself:
This is gonna be so great!

However, I have to admit:

You’re telling the whole story all over again!

Friendship is magic, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment