The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I missed the party

At least until the Overland Parkway, Christopher Hurt briefly followed a caravan for MINI USA’s “MINI TAKES THE STATES 2010” tour for a little while on I-35. Yesterday they were at Baron BMW - MINI near the Merriam Visitors Bureau, today from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. they have an event at Heartland Community Church, later they will be on their way to Dodge City, and then they will finish the tour in Denver.
MINI TAKES THE STATES 2010
“Now that the rally has begun, we’ll be making daily updates to the website. Check back regularly for the latest updates, photos and other important news items.”
Yeah, I missed the party, like your girlfriend.
Op-Ed Contributor - Say Goodbye to Fannie and Freddie - NYTimes.com
“Two flawed agencies the housing market would be better off without.”
I was informed that the interviewed person in this article is a part of The Cato Institute.
Twitter / Christopher Hurt: RT @ITworld What’s worse ...
“RT @ITworld What’s worse than privacy legislation? No privacy legislation | ITworld http://bit.ly/cpdzrw
A recent commentary, “A Captive of the Industry”, was written by Jim Harper, the previously interviewed person.

What? They shut down One Manga?
Why Reading Manga at a Library is Not the Same as Scanlations: 4 Reasons by Robin Brenner
“Librarian and author Robin Brenner breaks down four reasons why reading manga from a library is not the same as reading illegal scanlations. When fans have protested the closure of sites that hosted scanlated or pirated manga, many protested that they didn’t see the difference between reading manga scanlations online and borrowing and reading manga from a library. Brenner explains why this manga myth deserves to be busted.”
Well, then I definitely missed the party. Yes, one of the previous links was from my account on Twitter.
Twitter / ジンプ: Not like I need another ...
“Not like I need another social media outlet, but I know lots of artists use LiveJournal. Tell me your username so I can add you! Mine= Ginpu
Kitto I am also on Facebook, on which some ads are as dubious as spam:

Subject: Business offer
“Hi,
You had indicated a while ago that you were looking for something to make more money or start a business from home.
The business I offer you takes only 1-2 hours a day. I'm looking for a business partner to start your own business. I’m an eBay trader. I have an offer for you which will help both of us make some money and have fun doing it. And the best... it's free to join! :)
Please, contact me & we’ll discuss the details.

Respond only to my personal e-mail.”
With skepticism, each statement should be read as more of question, especially if we are talking about losing a drag race to a legendary Plymouth automobile:

‘Cuda told you that?”
GALILEO PARKING GARAGE CLOSED WEEKENDS, STARTING AUG. 14
“In JCCC’s continuing effort to promote sustainability and conserve energy, the Galileo Parking Garage will be closed on weekends beginning Saturday, Aug. 14.”
MAKE RESERVATIONS NOW FOR YOUR SPACE AT CAMPUS KICKOFF SEPT. 1
“Campus Kickoff is set for 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1, in the Commons Plaza and Fountain Square.

At the event, students will have access to information about JCCC student organizations and academic majors/programs, interact with student services/learner engagement division personnel, and have the opportunity to visit with admissions representatives from transfer colleges and universities.

They’ll also enjoy pizza, world famous JCCC hot dogs, a rock climbing wall, Roasterie coffee, horticulture plant sale, Latin party band Son Venezuela, just to name a few. A couple new surprises planned as well. It’s an educational and fun filled day! You will want to be a part of this JCCC tradition.

To reserve your space at Campus Kickoff:
• Student organizations should contact Michael Duah to reserve a table.

• Academic majors/programs faculty may sign up for a table online via marketplace.

• Student services/learner engagement departments should contact Kit Frankenfield.”
Twitter / William Maley: Busy having an argument ...
“Busy having an argument with myself..”
Duck Tales teaches Inflation Lesson” was shared by the American Majority.
Twitter / The Manga Critic: The next time someone ...
“The next time someone tells me what a social utopia Sweden is, I’m going to make them watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.”
But the party’s over.
Most Voters Say Obama, Congressional Democrats More Liberal Than They Are
“Twelve percent (12%) of voters say the president is more conservative than they are, and 13% think the same of the average Democrat in Congress.”
And that is the good news.
If I Hadn't Found Jesus, I’d Feel Pretty Shitty About My Crimes
“The first few months behind bars were the worst of my life. Every night I’d stare into the darkness, waiting for the nightmares, waiting to hear those horrible screams all over again.”
Although The Onion does not qualify, I have in fact found many political resources on Facebook.
Lindsay Lohan Quotes Cato Institute on U.S. Sentencing Guidelines
http://bit.ly/cTfSZw After being sentenced to 90 days in jail, Linsday Lohan quotes a 2002 Cato Institute article on federal sentencing guidelines.”
Among these resources is the before-mentioned The Cato Institute.

1 comment: