The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Damn it!

I must mention the fantastic shows from The Arnold, Omega Directive, and Deep Space Emily last Saturday night at The Roving Imp Theater.
Christopher Hurt laughed so hard at this yesterday that his day was made! :)
Twitter / jeffalopolis: Large beaver attacks man ...
“Large beaver attacks man in Cumming, GA http://bit.ly/ag8jPo ... hee hee hee”
When thinking about Georgia, the U.S. state, I am reminded of an opening song from Squidbillies on [adult swim]:

Twitter / BrainwasherDetective: @animealmanac It’s true. ...
“@animealmanac It’s true. Your dreams are dead. BTW both Ayako Kawasumi and Saber are not virgins so you can’t have a new dream yet.”
While preparing to quote, I just accidentally rubbed some sauce from the Hot Pockets on my pants. Damn it!
Okay, home from the Roving Imp Coffee House, I thought of a better response:

“Wait a minute. Jenifer Harmon, are you telling me that you built a ‘time machine’... out of a Chevy camper van?”

Her husband, Hans Harmon, responds, “The chemical toilet powers the ‘time circuits’ and the ‘flux capacitor’. But the internal-combustion engine runs on ordinary gasoline; it always has.”
I tend to be a traditionalist.
Twitter / The Manga Critic: Excellent article at Slate ...
“Excellent article at Slate summarizing today’s ruling on Prop 8: http://www.slate.com/id/2262766/.”

The Gray Lady of Cable News
“Many think Jon Klein, president of CNN/U.S., has lost the cable-news war to Fox. But CNN has racked up record profits by being bland.”
Unlike Lexus, Christopher Hurt cheers for the Chevy Camaro!
Camaro-based Firebreather now available to order
“Dubbed the Firebreather, the car is based on the Chevrolet Camaro and features a unique front fascia, new headlights (with LED halos), a revised hood, side sill extensions, and a modified rear bumper with an integrated diffuser. Other styling tweaks include new taillights, a rear spoiler, and 20-inch wheels outfitted with Pirelli P-Zero tires.”
Christopher Hurt also cheers for Aston Martin, Infiniti, and Mercedes-Benz!
Rare $650,000 Aston Martin Shooting Brake & More at Auction
“Being that this is an Aston Martin (British), I believe the proper term would be ‘Shooting Break’ versus ‘Shooting Brake’.”

2012 Infiniti M35 Hybrid, an AW Flash Drive
“With luxury makes such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Lincoln and Lexus all offering hybrid options, Infiniti joins the gasoline-electric.”

Mercedes-Benz produces its last CLSAutoblog
“Back in 2004, there was no Porsche Panamera, no Aston Martin Rapide, no Volkswagen Passat CC or Audi A7 Sportback. Just the Mercedes-Benz CLS.”
Actually I doubt that I will ever be able to afford even a Camaro, because I owe so much in student loans. Damn it!
Before you make a student loan payment or log in — Important account information from Sallie Mae
“Why? Because Sallie Mae recently sold a number of loans to the Department of Education — a fairly common practice in today’s federal student loan market. We now have separate account management pages to support the unique service requirements of the Department of Education.”
Topical, on the Overland Parkway, my way to work, I have twice seen a Camaro from Superior with the Synergy Green package. Christopher Hurt cheers as much for the Ford Fiesta as he does for the Chevy Cruze.
Review: 2011 Ford Fiesta SES promises the democratization of funAutoblog
“2011 Ford Fiesta SES - Click above for high-res image gallery Remember when economy cars offered few concessions beyond roll-your-own windows?”
Okay, the first time, this Camaro moved quickly, in front of my Chevy Cavalier, into the left-turn lane for southbound I-35 on Shawnee Mission Parkway; later the car passed me on the right, and I learned the driver was a cute female. However, I should remember the following:
The Little Mermaid (1989) - Memorable quotes
“Eric?... If I may say... far better than any dream girl is one of flesh and blood. One warm, and caring, and right before your eyes.”
Damn it! I should go to the Fitness Center some time soon, I suppose, like your girlfriend.

1 comment: