The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Humor vampirism at its finest

Yeah, if not for Family Guy and South Park, I would not even know who the Kardashians were, but I would assume that they were from Star Trek: DS9.
The problem here is either the choice of verb or absence of the second verb in the emphatic form of that verb.

If to be is used instead of to do, then the sentence reads,
“How is beer bad for your brain?”
However, the writer might have simply left off the second verb in emphatic of that verb, where the sentence should have read,
“How does beer do bad for your brain?”
Regardless, this is humorous, unless I have sucked all the humor away.
Yeah, Jeremy is correct when commenting, “[That is] humor vampirism at its finest, sir.”
Twitter / jeffalopolis: Given that I have a high ...
“Given that I have a high fever, you’d think my wife would dress up as a Japanese schoolgirl and bring me rice porridge.”
Yeah, I would truly think that, which is another reason I am single.
Twitter / sheri strykowski: 5 Ways to Build Your Blog ...
“5 Ways to Build Your Blog’s Voice http://bit.ly/d1v8Bd (ProBlogger)”
Yeah, I have evolved, “to get too hung up on grammar or the finer points of semicolon usage.”
10 questions to ask before publishing your writing - Holy Kaw!
“There are quite a few pitfalls writers fall victim to during the writing process. To ensure you don’t do the same, read up on the ten questions to ask yourself while editing and revising your fiction or non-fiction.”
Yeah, I am in hell, the Fourth Circle.
Twitter / Guy Kawasaki: Dante’s internet ...
“Dante’s internet http://is.gd/e0rQX
Yeah, one of my coworkers just mimed seppuku with his telephone receiver.
Twitter / Scott Frye: Okamisan's full title is ...
Okamisan’s full title is long. what’s up w/ the Japanese sometimes using these long titles? or are they just long when written in rōmaji?”
Yeah, Disney Institute, I have been pondering, “Are you ready to D’ THINK your business?” The blog of David Rushing has lately been insightful and very entertaining, like your girlfriend.

1 comment: