The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Guilty Pleasure?

After our show at the Underground Theater in Lawrence on last night, I drove David home, and went to the home of my friend Denton, who was among other friends streaming American Horror Story on Netflix. My friend Joe tried to explain to me how the show is a guilty pleasure for him, yet I think that he has misapplied the term, because I found nothing for which he should feel guilty.
Guilty pleasure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The ‘guilt’ involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes, such as campy styles of entertainment. Fashion, video games, music, …”
My friend Nifer had off the day from her work, and found Grown Up Baby
from My Crazy Obsession. This man receives assistance for disability!

I'm Bored by *atryl on deviantART
Self-Described ‘Adult Baby’ Collects Gov’t Disability Benefits
“National Geographic recently reported on a 30 year old man who lives his life as a baby, sleeping in a jumbo crib and playing with Legos. He also collects social security disability benefits. Video, pics...”
If one was to watch these three videos in sequence: first from The Hub, second from USA Today, and third from Entertainment Weekly; then one would have seen two minutes and forty-three seconds of the new episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment