The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

News of the day 027

Quivira Road construction update: Quivira Road entrances reopen
Trixie Lulamoon and the Stargate
Trixie Lulamoon and the Stargate by *Arby-Works on deviantART
“The Quivira Road entrances to JCCC have reopened.

However, the two outside lanes of southbound Quivira Road remain closed, with one southbound lane remaining open. Drivers attempting to enter or leave JCCC from the Quivira Road entrances should expect delays.

JCCC students, employees and guests are urged to use the College Boulevard entrances to enter and leave campus.

To alleviate congestion, drivers are asked to exit the campus based on where they parked. This campus map shows the exits which should be used.
  • Drivers who park on the east side of campus, including those who use the east exit of the Parking Garage at Galileo’s Garden, are urged to use the east College Boulevard exit at Oakmont.
  • Drivers who park on the west side of campus, including those who use the south exit of the Parking Garage at Galileo’s Garden, are urged to use the west College Boulevard exit at Westgate.”
Quivira Road bridge demolition late Aug. 4
to cause overnight closures for I-435, Quivira

On Monday, July 30, the Library West parking lot closed for construction of the new Hospitality and Culinary Academy
From the Kansas Department of Transportation: Various lanes of I-435 and Quivira Road will be closed starting at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, for demolition of the remaining Quivira Road bridge over I-435.

All lanes and ramps closed for the demolition are expected to reopen to unrestricted traffic at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 5. Ramps closed for construction, however, will remain closed until bridge construction is completed this fall.

Beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4,the following closures will take place:
  • Westbound I-435 right two lanes at Quivira Road
  • Eastbound I-435 right two lanes at Quivira Road
  • Eastbound I-435 left four lanes before I-35
  • Westbound I-435 left three lanes at US-69 ramp
  • Southbound I-35 to eastbound I-435 ramp
  • Northbound I-35 to eastbound I-435 ramp
  • Antioch Road to westbound I-435 ramp
  • Northbound and southbound US-69 to westbound I-435 ramp
Beginning at 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, the following closures will take place:
  • All eastbound I-435 lanes at I-35
  • All westbound I-435 lanes at the northbound US-69 ramp
  • Eastbound I-435 to Quivira Road exit ramp
  • Westbound I-435 to Quivira Road exit ramp
Please note that all lanes of Quivira Road over I-435 will be closed for short periods of time during the demolition work.

Advance message boards will alert traffic to the lane and ramp closures.

Drivers should expect major delays and will need to use alternate routes during the lane and ramp closures. A marked detour will be provided. Westbound I-435 traffic will detour via northbound US-69 to westbound 87th Street to southbound I-35 to westbound I-435. Eastbound I-435 traffic will detour via northbound I-35 to eastbound 87th Street to southbound US-69 to eastbound I-435.”

No comments:

Post a Comment