The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, March 7, 2011

Postscript to Experiment 010

Part of the solution to the question in my last post, 1011012 in binary is 4510 in decimal notation. Also, David solved (2^11-5^2), which is 211 - 52, and becomes 2048 - 25, which equals 2023, when I become 45. My previously shared mileage (100,000) is also my current age (32) in binary (1000002). I chose 2048 CE because my 2003 Chevy Cavalier will then be 45, so 25 is the difference in our ages. Occasionally, I have fun with math and creep out myself a little.
Video: Japan’s New Goateed Geminoid Robot Is Uncomfortably Realistic | Popular Science
“The latest Geminoid robot is one of the most realistic, and thus creepiest, android we’ve ever seen. The skin, hair, goatee (!), and facial expressions are real enough to fool you for a few seconds while it sinks in that something very, very weird is going on.”
The world needs more happy and smiling Germans. Thank you, Asian Martin.
627 hp Scirocco :-D - Car Videos on StreetFire
“A wild ride TODAY in a newly built VW Scirocco wit - StreetFire”
Twitter / Josh Lawson: “Saw a dolphin today. And it occurred to me - if you see a dolphin and don’t feel happy, then you are Hitler.”
It’s a SausageFest in Kansas City
“Food writers today often bemoan that society has forgotten that food can bring us together. Well, Rudolph Bledsoe and...”
Martha Stewart had a festive tip: Shred documents for customized confetti!
Get the Facts at FamilyFacts.org. Read all about it in today’s Morning Bell!
“Policymakers often talk about ‘family values’ but rarely are they able to marshal the evidence that exists showing how important stable family relationships are to American civil society. That is why The Heritage Foundation is launching a redesigned FamilyFacts.org filled with hundreds of charts...”
Using the exit lane to slow my car causes me to feel as if I am falling off the pace.
Standing up to EPA’s war on coal | Op-Ed | Kentucky.com
“Coal is a vital sector of Kentucky’s economy. More than 200,000 jobs in the state depend on it, including more than 18,000 coal miners, and half the country’s electricity comes from coal.”
Twitter / Manga University: “All the sakura that bloomed early this weekend in Tokyo are going to be hammered by today’s heavy rain. So sad...”

No comments:

Post a Comment