The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ides of March, 2011

Beware the Ides of March.”
That song from 8 Mile in a commercial for Chrysler should be seen as worse.
Analysis: Japan nuclear crisis now seen worse than Three Mile
“NEW YORK (Reuters) - Conditions at a stricken nuclear power plant in Japan have deteriorated so much that there is a growing consensus the crisis is greater than the Three Mile Island accident in 1979, and there are fears that it could get significantly worse.”
The situation is actually quite serious where you are, and I’m so sorry:
Sendai Tsunami through Western eyes
Denton has also made the same observation:
William Tucker: Japan Does Not Face Another Chernobyl - WSJ.com
“In The Wall Street Journal, William Tucker says that the containment structures of Japan’s nuclear reactors appear to be working, and that the latest reactor designs aren’t vulnerable to the coolant problem at issue in Japan.”

I have today felt the most true sense of community at my place of work.

1 comment:

  1. I may have mentioned this to you. I don't remember. But I've got a friend who was affected by the earthquake. And they live in San Francisco. That's how far the tsunami had gotten. Friday afternoon, she updated her status about it. When I asked how she was, she said fine. She was still affected though.
    I've got another friend who is actually living in Japan who wasn't really affected by the earthquake ubtil the aftershock.

    ReplyDelete