The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, December 28, 2019

das Problemkind (Apologies to John Ritter)

With my father, my sister, a black Labrador and an Australian Shepherd (both are energetic breeds), I live and my sister also has ducks, and a year ago on this same date, she decided to clean their living space at eight o’clock on a Friday, a morning when I was trying to sleep before I had to work that afternoon, so our goodwill was short-lived, ending a week after her birthday.
The last day of November, a Saturday, the building was closed and I couldn’t work overtime, which I’d been doing on Saturday the previous weeks, so I assumed it’d be understood that I’d be working today, especially since I was the last three weeks, but my sister had to do the exact same thing this year, too.
With a limited amount of time, and not knowing how long she was going to take, I had to go shower upstairs, much to the annoyance of my father who had to hear the buzzer on the clothes dryer (the same side of the bathroom door as I) three times, or at least he didn’t seem too happy with me when I was leaving, so I must have been the problem child (das Problemkind).
“For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature,
can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind,
but no human being can tame the tongue. (James 3:7-9)
It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
With it, we bless our Lord and Father, and with it,
we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.”
Das kleine weisse Pferd by RysunkowaSucharia
Das kleine weisse Pferd by RysunkowaSucharia
Severe coughing fits during the last hour at work make me wonder if I should’ve taken a lunch break, even though I wasn’t required to, and eaten something. I was coughing and hacking last night, and had to cancel plans with three friends Sunday so I could rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment