The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Bringing down the Landslide, part 5

The title of this post is only somewhat deceptive, unlike the electoral subterfuge currently underway, and I-I mean the opposite of what is expressed by Stevie Nicks; I do not intend to let a landslide of emotion Bring Me Down, but rather to take down or counter such effects.
I get weak when you’re next to me, and when I haven’t eaten enough. I observed how critical this was on Monday. Seriously, some days I’ll have something at 11 or noon and then not substantial until probably 6 o’clock or later when my lunch break is at work.

Gobbled up 1/2 price single-patty Cheeseburgers Tuesday at Sonic Drive-In, twice actually before work. I did all right Wednesday because people brought things to celebrate our manager’s birthday. Evening on Thanksgiving, I could only go to bed.
From a book by Susan Jacoby on anti-intellectualism,
Video culture has triumphed over print culture,” I once read on audio cd.
Friday is the day trash is collected in my neighborhood, and-and Thanksgiving has delayed this until Saturday. I take the trash out at 2 in the morning so I don’t have to at 6 in the morning, and today I was awake at 5 in the morning because I watched YouTube.
I have to be sure I am well liked,
a primary motivator for my adoption of these rules,
so I talk no politics on Facebook:
Equestria Girls - Fluttershy
EQG-Fluttershy by rainbownspeedash on DeviantArt
  1. Politics is not considered polite conversation.
  2. I do not know enough about the issues to discuss them calmly or avoid ad hominem.
  3. I am on the opposite side of the debate on most issues.
  4. I do not like being wrong or being made a fool.
  5. I would rather keep friends and be respectful.
I am recovering from some minor embarrassment.
There was a video shared to Facebook about how to evaluate a story, whether or not it is fake news. I saw the video and the very next day I shared a fake story to Twitter, which I admitted to my friend who had shared with a fake story and the video.
Can we say the power of mainstream media is diminished when I see friends concerned
Stories being put forth by the mainstream media whose power was certainly diminished when Clinton was defeated, huh?
“Oh give thanks to the LORD;
call upon his name; (Psalms 105:1)
make known his deeds among the peoples!”

No comments:

Post a Comment