The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Postscript to Experiment 032

A short time ago, my friends Larson Wiley and Amanda Fish were wed, and have changed their last names, at least on their profiles on Facebook, to an amalgam of the two, ‘Wish.’ Amanda Wish Music has been hosting an open-mic night at Wheat State 47, so named because this Wheat State Pizza is on 47th Street, and not because it is the 47th franchise.
I have attended three of these events, and each time Amanda asked if I would like to participate, so I obliged last night. To read something from my blog was the only thing I planned, so I read aloud Egocentric Universe: The plight of small pick-up trucks, which would be five double-spaced pages if printed, and sounds like a technical manual.
"I'm the T to the W I, L I G H T, and ain't no other pony troll it down like me. I'm Twilightlicious!"
#Twilightlicious by *tygerbug on deviantART

Yes, my objective to read my entire post was met with, shall we say, mixed results. I just read and ignored the audience, “Toyota Tacoma has always had legendary quality and durability,” and Amanda stopped me, to the delight of the remaining patrons.
my little pony, friendship is magic, brony - Dem Faces
see more My Little Brony
Afterwards, Denton received a call from Amanda who raved about my Kaufmanesque performance: Some laughed immediately, then some laughed mockingly, then some began to loathe me, and some finally had enough and fled.
Denton and Amanda agree that some people will get the joke in a few days.
The Creator of ‘Catfish’ Has Weighed in on the Manti Te’o Situation
“Did Manti Te’o get cat-fished? It's been brought up by many as a explanation for the weird story. And, in an epically weird press conference last...”
Whoever was Manti Te’o’s Fake Dead Girlfriend or whatever?

No comments:

Post a Comment