The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whirlwind weekend 005

Last day of May means that today I need to send off every bill due in mid-June. I have enough money to neither purchase new checks, nor have the amounts automatically withdrawn every month by electronic debit, so I place money orders and mail them.
Saab to restart production after six-week suspensionAutoblog
“Six weeks have passed since Saab was forced to halt production of its 9-3 and 9-5 models in Sweden due to a lack of funds...”
This last weekend was Memorial Day, and I omitted the activities, other than the outdoor grilling done by my father, from my previous post. I have not gone to bed before 3:00 a.m. for last three days, so waking at 6:00 a.m. this morning was strange.
REBECCA BLACK + STAR WARS Friday Parody ‘Primeday’
“PRIMEDAY NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES: The Star Wars crew spoofs Rebecca Black ‘Friday’ in their own version, called ‘Primeday’. Yes...”
On Friday night, I usually go to the home of Denton, and we watched several episodes of this series:
Deadliest Warrior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Deadliest Warrior is a television program in which information on historical or modern warriors and their weapons are used to determine which of them is the ‘deadliest’ based upon tests performed during each episode. The show is characterized by its use of the data compiled in creating a dramatization...”
None of the first four match-ups made sense to me, especially when the difference between the two combatants was continents as well as hundreds to thousands years.
‘Why Don’t Students Like School?’ Well, Duhhhh… | Psychology Today
“Children don’t like school because they love freedom. By Peter Gray...”
I have only seen five episodes, so I can hardly opine on the entire series.
AMI - Mustache History
“American Mustache Institute - Protecting the rights of, and fighting discrimination against, mustached Americans by promoting the growth, care, and culture of the mustache.”
Yakuza vs Mafia”, which featured two teams of five instead of one-on-one, made at least some historical sense, and “Pirate vs Knight” might have framed the viewing for me on Sunday night of the three Pirates of the Caribbean films at the Roving Imp.
Twitter / Jason Kincaid: “...and, uploaded to Facebook 20 minutes after my tweet, here's some NSFW planking action. http://t.co/fdPYJu5 ...”
Keira Knightley has much in common with the siege of Troy; she is a wooden horse, like your girlfriend.
X-ray video of lapping in a dog
“Contrary to published accounts, dogs do not scoop liquids into their mouths with a spoon-shaped cavity that forms in the ventral surface of a backwardly...”
Unlike in Pirates, my sisters have yet to lose their souls in a dice game.
Check out eBay seller Melinda Jackson’s tips on marketing your eBay business!
“Read contributed articles and tips from other eBay sellers at the eBay Ink blog: http://bit.ly/kZ18mP.”
But I suppose that hope always exists.
There’s (Even More) Water on the Moon
“According to a new study out this week, some parts of the moon’s interior may contain similar amounts of water as the outer mantle of the earth.”
Brawndo’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes.”

The Vitruvian Man now has a beer gut, holds beer cans, and wears sandals.
Sometime this weekend, I heard that tautology during Idiocracy on Comedy Central. I was quite tired on Saturday, but later our class show was successful, at least in terms of the quality of our performances.

I am sorry, my mother, that you had to take some trash to the curb this morning as the trash truck was over one block.

2 comments:

  1. Solo in the front seat, Luke is in the back seat. Got to make my mind up which one is my mate...
    Best line in a Star Wars pardoy EVER!!!
    Although my personal favorite parody to FRIDAY is Pancakes...which I will put on my blog if I haven't already...

    ReplyDelete