The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl® Sunday, 2010

Before I am to far ahead of myself, I have to say that the Super Bowl party at the Roving Imp Theater was awe-some. Please notice the intentional pause in AWE-SOME.

Except for a comment on post on a friend's wall, I have failed to mention how awe-some the party was on any electronic forum. Where shall I start?

I will begin with the food, of which was plentiful. Denise's homemade guc dip and vegetables, as well as the cookie cake and soda pop John provided. Why am I itemizing when I do not even do that for my taxes? Anyway, we had a layered dip, three kinds of tortila chips, salsa, hummus, and three kinds of crackers. If I failed to list anything present at the party, I probably failed to sample it.

John wisely chose to not start the party until 5:30 p.m., although the official broadcast always starts at 5:00 p.m., but I for one welcomed foregoing the player introductions for teams which I had not watched all season anyway.

We were also fortunate to have at least one person in the audience who actually could follow the game. I really wanted to watch the commercials, which were awe-some. Of course I was most interested in the ads that were car-some: the Dodge Charger, and the Kia Sorento.

Abe Vigoda is still alive?

Good game, good friends, good food, and good times, like your girlfriend.

2 comments:

  1. If you weren't able to sample the cracker/cookie things with peanut better in them, then sorry, that's my fault. I ate most of them...because they were awe-some!

    Also, thanks once again for ordering the pizzas.

    ReplyDelete