The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We apologize 002

Neither from contempt nor pride, the following is sometimes difficult to say: I have erred; however, like your girlfriend, only on a factual basis. I want to be right, or rather, technically correct, the best kind of correct. About April Fools’ Day, I was struggling to understand an alarm clock with a switch to turn off the buzzer. The buzzer actually has either a ‘hi’ or a ‘lo’ setting, but no off switch.
“I may have misunderstood this...But ‘The Pretender’ was featured in the movie Mr. Holland’s Opus. The Jackson Browne song in Forrest Gump (But not on the soundtrack) was ‘Running On Empty.’ Sorry, sorry, yes, I know.”
I would respond, “Oh, yeah,” as one character or two voiced by Tara Strong would say after such a realization. The following is from Futurama:
Ken: “You are the last hope of the universe.”
Fry: “So I really am important?
How I feel when I’m drunk is correct?”
Ken: “Yes - except the Dave Matthews Band doesn’t rock.”
The Egocentric Universe is interestingly an actual, philosophical concept:
Egocentric Universe
“Mankind has, since the beginning of recorded history (and most likely for a considerable time before that) had a burning desire to know how this all started and why, or if there actually is a ‘why’ for that matter. The relentless pursuit of this question has spawned both religion and science. So wha...”
I’m just trying to think of all the possibilities here.
Method & Craft | Old is the New New
Conferences this week are causing increased communication and cooperation between the two working groups in my department.

No comments:

Post a Comment