The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, March 19, 2021

Reflections of

When one is home day after day, recovering from injuries and unable to work, the days can tend to blend together and one can lose perspective. For many years, I have battled depression, and questioned my worth, finding little value to others, yet today was a day that reminded me in small ways about the significance of life.

My mother, my father, and youngest sister passed away in recent years, and my surviving sister contacted me Wednesday about getting their cremated remains to me; this task was accomplished today in the briefest and most neutral way possible, I had no real opportunity to invite her to stay for any length of time to visit about any kind of reconciliation or any kind for which I might have been hoping. Whether forced or subtly implied, any secondary agenda is not a successful way to make any progress in a strained relationship. Having weekly conversations with an aunt and an uncle on my father’s side, I had some support before my sister visited today; I can be kind and not belittle myself or perceive this as a failure.

Having weekly conversations with an aunt and an uncle on my father’s side, I had some support before my sister visited today.

“Love does no wrong to a neighbor;
therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Romans 13:10)”

Applejack 90’s anime aesthetic
Applejack 90’s anime aesthetic
Please consider watching “Mushoku Tensei is ART,” a Japanese animated program whose main character with whom I certainly empathized when I question my own worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment