The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, June 24, 2019

A strongly felt Emotion

I won’t do any editorializing
while I share a friend’s strongly felt emotions on a subject:
This is happening right now inside the United States.
Gintama | Sadaharu by OroNoDa
Gintama | Sadaharu by OroNoDa
“I’m in a parking lot, and a very old man rolls down his window manually, points at the bumper sticker on my car that says ‘RESIST,’ and in a heavily accented voice, says, ‘That is absolutely right.’ His hand was clearly arthritic, but he gave me a thumbs up and drove away. As that happened, it occurred to me that I had just heard a Yiddish cadence, and suddenly our interaction became extremely significant and real, given the status of current immigrant children.
And then when I get into my car, John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ is playing. Needless to say, I am now weeping uncontrollably. We’ve got to figure out how to treat each other better. We’ve just got to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment