The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Schadenfreude

  1. Politics is not considered polite conversation.
  2. I do not know enough about the issues to discuss them calmly or avoid ad hominem.
  3. I am on the opposite side of the debate on most issues.
  4. I do not like being wrong or being made a fool.
  5. I would rather keep friends and be respectful.
Usually, yet someone shared the following tweet as an image on Facebook:
I replied, “Please, Kavanaugh’s family is getting threats, too, but that wouldn’t fit the racist, sexist narrative, so it’s not getting reported,” to the following comment.
“The people making the death threats don’t care about facts, the truth, or anything like that. All they care about is that white males must maintain their power, their influence, their majority, and everyone else, women, people of color, people of other lifestyles, people who are DIFFERENT, are kept subjugated. The white male must rule. That’s all they care about.”
“I have debts, depression, diabetes, and I feel suicidal several times a day, so what would you know about suffering,” would be how I respond to this schadenfreude - satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune::
I have debts, depression, diabetes, and I feel suicidal several times a day, so what would you know about suffering
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)”

No comments:

Post a Comment