The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Do you bereave in Love?

Amanda Wish Music has been host to an open-mic night at Wheat State 47, so named because this Wheat State Pizza is on 47th Street, and not because it is the 47th franchise. Linda Hurt, my mother, died Thursday, Dec. 13, and a memorial service was Tuesday, Dec. 18, at Grace Christian Fellowship Church. Last Wednesday was three months form her passing, so I decided to say a few words at the open-mic.
Where there’s smoke, there’s pope. In our household, my mother had a favorite magnet on the refrigeration, “Where there’s smoke, there’s dinner. I will still happily remember:
  • Seeing my uncles (her brothers)
  • Making of peace with her sister
  • Having her home for six weeks of her last three months
  • Singing of “Amazing Grace” to her as she passed by a friend of the family

No comments:

Post a Comment