The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Humor vampirism 032

I’ve made a life / Out of readin’ people’s faces,” well, not really,
yet I’d like to believe I can recognize sarcasm and playful hyperbole.
“Thirty-one to thirty! If they (The Kansas City Chiefs) don’t make the playoffs again this year,” removing her earbuds, “I’m going to quit this job,” she concluded as she stepped away.

Thursday night, the loss visibly affected my colleagues, yet I could tell what she said was said in jest, so I would later seize the opportunity to extract some humor from her remark; this night would be a win, for me, at least.

“I’ve never bet my decision to leave a job on the outcome of any sporting competition, but Sporting (Sporting Kansas City) hasn’t been a team for long either,” and I drummed on the desk to mimic a rimshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment