The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bringing down the Landslide

Since Monday,
my workday now starts a half hour later,
and traffic is so much worse.
To arrive on time,
I must leave when I used to leave.
Those Inexplicable Traffic Jams
“When road work, car accidents or bottlenecks are not to blame.”
My father is retired, and complains about the sun in his eyes when he ‘commutes’ from his bedroom to the kitchen. Yeah, he got me good with that one.
Stevie Nicks’ “Landslide”
“The story behind ‘Landslide’ as told by Stevie Nicks: It was written in 1973 at a point where Lindsey [Buckingham] and I had driven to Aspen for him to rehearse for two weeks with Don Everly. Lindsey was going to take Phil’s place. So they rehearsed and left, and I made a choice to stay []”
“51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven.
If anyone eats of this bread,
he will live forever.
And the bread that I will give
for the life of the world is my flesh. (John 6:51)”
her duty to never sleep at night
Luna's Moon by *JunglePony on deviantART
August’s Blue Moon: Lunar Oddity of Night Sky Explained
“When the moon rises Tuesday night (Aug. 20), it brings us the August full moon and in addition, it will also technically be a "Blue Moon," but only if we follow a now somewhat obscure rule of astronomy. Here's why.”
Unless already a part of a routine, Yakov Smirnoff now has new material.
Russian military hovercraft ploughs into crowded beach
“Full steam ahead! Russian military authorities in Kaliningrad drove an enormous hovercraft onto a crowded beach without warning Wednesday. Beachgoers were shocked to see the vessel approach and beach directly in front of them. No one was told the ship would be coming but at least no one was hurt in…”
“7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear
but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7)”

No comments:

Post a Comment