The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Track listing for my current mix CD

The following is a listing of the tracks from my current mix CD. Which were provided to me, four tracks are new to this edition, but most tracks have been on other compilation CDs. Because they tell stories, I enjoy many of these songs. Using my memories and Wikipedia as sources, I will reflect on each choice.
  1. Heat of the Moment” by Asia
    Provided to me as part of another compilation, this song tells of young love and regrets of missed opportunity. This song was also used in South Park:
    Kenny Dies” - “The Heat of the Moment
    Cartman tries to persuade the government to revoke the ban on stem cell research and save Kenny’s life. He moves all of Congress to sing along with him.”
  2. Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake
    This song is like an anthem for me, “I’m just another heart in need of rescue / Waiting on love’s sweet charity” I also tend to be habitual, “to be doing the same things over and over again.”
  3. The Unknown Stuntman” by Lee Majors
    Unable to change the score, I empathize with the described, “But the hardest thing I’ll ever do is watch my leading ladies / Kiss some other guy while I'm bandaging my knee.” I also really like The Fall Guy truck. Along with others, this song was part of a personal compilation A Little Traveling Music.
  4. Is This Love” by Whitesnake
    I like to think that I first heard this song on 98.1 KUDL, and I will never know, “Is this love that I’m feeling?” Later a co-host of America’s Funniest People, Tawny Kitaen is slowly sensuous, alone on a car in the music video.
  5. Promised Land” by Meat Loaf
    Provided to me as part of another compilation, this song is covered by Meat Loaf. I first heard this song in Men In Black, although that version is by Elvis.
  6. Convoy” by C.W. McCall
    Further evidence will be shown to prove the premise that I like songs about truck drivers. I like to think that I learned some things about C. W. McCall from I Love the ‘70s on VH1. The year in which I was born, 1978 saw the release of a feature film based on this song. As the Conveyor of the Matrix, Optimus Prime, whose alternate mode is a semi-tractor truck, is known as Convoy in Japan.
  7. Six Days on the Road” by Dave Dudley
    In truth, I cannot tell who covered this version of the song. I like that the previous track “Convoy” ends, “Well we laid a strip for the Jersey Shore /And prepared to cross the line,” and “Six Days” begins, “Well, I pulled out of Pittsburgh, Rollin’ down the Eastern Seaboard.” Which was part of the concept for A Little Traveling Music, I like to imagine that the character in this song could have been part of the convoy in the last track.
  8. Take It Easy” by the Eagles
    The lyric “Standin’ on the corner in Winslow, Arizona” is certainly memorable. My philosophy about money and credit has been another song by the Eagles, “Take it to the limit one more time,” which ironically often leaves, “a world of trouble on my mind.”
  9. East Bound and Down” by Jerry Reed
    So things have not gone so well for our character in Arizona. All right, I concede that this song is for Smokey and the Bandit. I also like when I hear this song while I am driving east-bound.
  10. How Bizarre” by OMC
    Hey, I recently linked to the music video! OMC is also an initialism. This song was played on the radio in 1997, when I began my studies at Johnson County Community College.
  11. All Star” by Smash Mouth
    Provided to me as part of another compilation, I personally relate to this song, which accompanied the opening credits in Shrek (2001), and also appeared on the soundtrack to Digimon: The Movie (2000). I also remember watching the music video originally released for Mystery Men (1999) on VH1.
  12. One Week” by the Barenaked Ladies
    Because I usually place this song after “All Star” on my compilations, I confuse these two groups. Provided to me as part of another compilation, this song also appeared on the soundtrack to Digimon: The Movie.
  13. My Town” by Montgomery Gentry
    The town changes a little through time in this song.


    I have lived in Merriam for my whole life, and I expect that that will not change for some time.
  14. The Rockafeller Skank” by Fatboy Slim
    Provided to me as part of another compilation, I like the repeated riff of surf rock in this song, which also appeared on the soundtrack to Digimon: The Movie.
  15. “Theme from Knight Rider” by Stu Phillips
    Without narration, this version of the song is purely instumental. Knight Rider is about a fantastic car (El Coche Fantástico), and I own the first season on DVD. With hope, someday we will resume movie night at the Roving Imp, and our look-alike to Hasselhoff, John, will also vote to watch this series.
  16. Motteke! Sailor-fuku” by the vocal cast of Lucky Star
    The first words sound like, “I BUY SAUSAGE!” In Japan, the vocal cast often sings one or two songs in an anime series. This opening theme is performed by the vocal cast of Lucky Star: Aya Hirano, Emiri Kato, Kaori Fukuhara, and Aya Endo. Kyoto Animation produced Lucky Star (2007) and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006), to which Lucky Star often makes reference; this song is so placed for this reason. This song also has an associated dance.
  17. Koi no Mikuru Densetsu” by Yuko Goto
    I have linked to Anime Lyrics dot Com for the lyrics. From The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Geki Chuu Kashuu Single, this cute song is the opening theme for the short film that Haruhi creates in the series.
  18. God Knows...” by Hirano Aya
    I have linked to Anime Lyrics dot Com for the lyrics. From The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Geki Chuu Kashuu Single, Haruhi sings this song to help a band in the episode “Live Alive.”
  19. Lost My Music” by Hirano Aya
    I have linked to Anime Lyrics dot Com for the lyrics. From The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Geki Chuu Kashuu Single, Haruhi sings this song to help a band in the episode “Live Alive.”
  20. Hare Hare Yukai” by Aya Hirano
    From The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Character Song Vol 1 - Haruhi Suzumiya, this song is the closing theme to the related anime series, and also has an associated dance.
  21. Ghosts N Stuff” by Deadmau5 from Club Anthems
    Although this is the instrumental version, I first heard this song in Streetwise Drift Pro-Am event #1 from Chad Sommer on Vimeo. I finally bought the song after I heard it on Pandora mobile.
Thank you for your girlfriend, like your time.

1 comment:

  1. Are you telling me that Ace of Cakes made a cake...into a DeLorian?
    They way I see it, if Ace of Cakes is going to make a cake into something, why not bake it with some style?
    I believe that's what I said when I posted that original link to your wall.

    Also, I wanted to comment that ASIA's "Heat Of The Moment" was also featured in the 40 Year-Old Virgin...with Steve Carrel as the title charicter. Not important, just music informative.
    I'm about to update my blog with a music video you might find the lyrics to be agreeable...

    ReplyDelete